Followers

Monday, July 7, 2008

Spring Wardrobe

With my ambition on high, I decided that I would make my own spring wardrobe. I
spent weeks searching the pattern websites then waited for the stores to have a sale. After I got the patterns I picked out fabrics I liked. These are my patterns and my thought process for choosing them.
My spring wardrobe has to accommodate the end of the regular school year, six weeks of teaching summer school (more casual) and the beginning of the next school year.
I picked out 3 dresses
Butterick 5177 I have finished this dress and will review it on pattern review. I made this dress for going out during the hot summer.
Vogue 8383 This is a nice dress for work when the temp. is over 100. I have not yet aquired the fabric for this dress, I am thinking just a light cotton.
Vogue 8469 I love this dress and can't wait to make it, I purchased a bright red linen and think I will make view B.
I picked out 2 skirts
Mccalls 5631 I am almost done with this one. I made view C. I am planning on doing a separate post on the progress of this one. I am making a shirt Vogue 8451 view A to match this skirt.
Mccalls 5140 I had a fabric in my spring color family, but I had to take it back it was way to see- through and I want to wear it to work. I am sure that finding a nice flowy fabric will not be that difficult. For a matching shirt I think that I will use Kwik Sew 2948 but I am still trying to find a perfect tank top pattern.
There are 3 pants patterns
Burda 8488 in a dark green linen with a white tee shirt maybe Butterick 3030
Butterick 4995 in a beige linen that will match the vogue 8451 shirt mentioned above.
Mccall 5633 I haven't got the fabric yet, I will wait to go to the store to be inspired.
Well there it is. I 'll keep everybody posted . Now that it is all on paper, it looks a little daunting (lol). Good thing I have a month off and can't afford the gas to go on vacation.

No comments: