Followers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Ready Set Sew



I spent the week cutting and marking the garments I am making. This is my least favorite part of sewing. To keep organized after I cut out and marked each garment I put all the pieces, interfacing, thread, zippers ect that I needed into an individual freezer bag. I am still waiting on some fabric that I ordered from an online fabric store. I am a little worried about buying fabric online, I like to feel and see the fabric before I buy. But, the fabric stores around here didn't have what I wanted. That fabric should be here by Friday then I can cut out the rest of the pieces.
Tomorrow I will start sewing. The first thing I am making are the Burda 7590 pants in Dark Brown Gabardine. I am not in love with this fabric but I wanted the color. If I really can't stand the fabric then I will try the same pattern in denim.

No comments: